Air Plane Crash Attorney
When we hear about aviation accidents, we usually hear about major airline crashes. These are certainly not the only types of aviation accidents that occur. In addition to wrecks involving commercial aircraft, aviation accidents can involve private aircraft, commuter planes, and helicopters.
When determining whether you should file a plane crash lawsuit, the most pressing concern is the determination of the cause of the accident. No matter the type of aircraft involved, aviation disasters most often occur as a result of:
- Pilot error
- Improper maintenance
- Contamination of fuel
- Mechanical or design flaws
- Air traffic controller negligence
When negligence on the part of an individual or company is what leads to a fatal aviation accident, the fatalities caused by that accident fall under the legal category of wrongful death. When such accidents occur, the families of accident victims may be able to retain a plane crash attorney to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Examples of Wrongful Death Plane Crash Litigation
The following are representative examples of aviation accidents that have fostered successfully litigated wrongful death claims:
- A helicopter accident proven to have been caused by poorly designed air inlets. The helicopter had been maintained by individuals who ignored safety protocols. This combination led to an engine flameout.
- An accident in which maintenance procedures had been ignored by a major aircraft charter company, and necessary safety modifications on engines had not been made
- An airplane crash in which a major airline had ignored warning signs of engine wear, and had failed to take the required steps to replace and maintain its equipment.
The litigation filed in response to each of these cases led to the party in question being found legally negligent—and, by extension, responsible for the deaths caused by the accident. In each case, substantial financial damages were paid to the families of the accident victims.
If you have lost a family member or other loved one in an aircraft accident, and feel that negligence could have played a part in that accident, contact Sterns & Walker today.
Experienced Plane Crash Lawyers
Since its founding in 1977, Sterns & Walker has negotiated settlements and achieved verdicts in hundreds of aviation cases around the world, including almost every major air carrier accident case of the past three decades. If you are seeking exceptional legal representation in connection with an aviation or other major accident, contact the Law Offices of Sterns & Walker today.
From Our Blog
- Many Consumers Are Misinformed about Safety of Nutritional Supplements
- Report: Nursing Homes Often Get Away with Sedating Patients
- Why You Should Avoid Buying an All-Terrain Vehicle for Your Child
- Universal Motorcycle Helmet Laws Linked to Lower TBI Rates
- US Continues to Lag behind in Traffic Safety